The Role of Technology in Marketing Transformation
The marketing landscape is vastly different from how it was even ten years ago. The shift from “mobile also” to “mobile first” is one very major shift – not to forget the addition of many new digital channels where the customer wants to be engaged. The expectations of customers have also changed – as they are now used to the likes of Google and Amazon who seek to delight, thrill and always go beyond the expectations of customers.
Conventional modes of marketing therefore, just won’t make the cut! So how does a business market to customers in this scenario? Marketers need to go to where the customers are – which means that marketing, like the customers they choose to engage with, must go digital. According to Accenture, 75% of customers admit being more likely to buy from a company that:
- Recognizes them by their name,
- Knows their purchase history, and
- Recommends products based on their past purchases.
So how does one do this?
You need –
- Sound strategy for digital marketing transformation
- Technology and martech stacks to implement the strategy
With the use of the right tools to interpret all the data that a business has about its customers, marketing can see several benefits –
- It will help a business gain competitive advantage!
- It helps a marketer focus on User Experience – you will know what works and what doesn’t.
- You can engage with your customers more meaningfully. Data helps you know your customers, which facilitates meaningful engagement.
- Once you know your customers you can tailor your marketing efforts accordingly.
- It helps you find leads for marketing